Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having lumps behind ear.

I have recently developed a lump behind my ear it is exsactley 1cm square if pressure is aplied I suffer quite a lot of pain I think it may be a gland but im not 100% sure.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Mar 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  2093
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The lump could be a lymphnode or a collection behind the ear, or could have been resulted due to ear infections.. Examination by a doctor would be needed..

Answered: Tue, 16 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
swelling behind your ear can be an infection or a node enlarged due to the same. It is mandatory to confirm by a examination with a x ray. I would advise you to consult a ent surgeon in this regard. Also get a x ray of the mastoid region. This wil help to rule out middle ear infection. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Mon, 5 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
i have found a lump on my right an left near my groin and one is painfull
Answered: Thu, 29 Jul 2010
  User's Response

i have had a lump behind my ear now for 4 years i am still here lol but i dont no what it is seen a doctor he dont seem to worry

Answered: Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor