Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Having lump in right breast, swollen, painful. Diagnosed it as water filled cyst. Treatment?

Hello. I am a 15 year old girl who has a lump in my right breast . It has been there for a while, and I have had this checked out before. My diagnosis was that this lump was just a water filled cyst . Recently, my right breast has begun to swell , and I feel extreme pain to the touch of it. I have also noticed that the cyst is bigger. My left breast is not tender, and I finished my menstral cycle over a week ago. Is this cyst anything to be worried about? Should I get it checked out again?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for the query. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. The cyst you have mentioned are common in any age and it usually dont require any treatment until and unless it is large and painful. If you were my patient I will ask your symptoms first and if you say that it is very painful then I will definitely do a fine needle aspiration of the cyst or surgery if necessary. You may get relived from ths after menopause but you are too young to have so your doctor may also prescribe you harmone pills to prevent these cysts. Consult your treating doctor for more details. Thank you.
Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor