Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Having lower back pains

I m 18 and I dance. So, for a while now after sleeping I wake up to have these lower back pains. And then more recently, I ve been having tinglingness and numbness in my upper right thigh. Then one day at school these pains happened all of a sudden and they hurt when I was walking out of class. I really would like help in diagnosing the problem with my thigh. Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Your problem looks like some strain in lower back which usually occurs during lifting some weight in a bending position. It could also be related to repeated minor microscopic trauma to paraspinal muscles and fascia during dance. Since your pain is shooting or radiating to thigh you need to stop the dance activity now for few days and you need to see an orthopedician for a physical examination ro rule out any slip disc. You may have to undergo X ray spine, and your orthopedician may prescribe you rest, muscle relaxants and analgesics and back exercises after the episode settles. Nothing looks like operative or surgical and the problem will settle down eventually and a good physiotherapy will keep your back muscles strengthened. If suppose pain does not settle with rest, then MRI spine may be suggsted.
Take care. Relax.

Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor