Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Having lot of chest pains. Family history of heart attacks. EKG normal. Relief with medication. Remedy?

I have been having chest pain a lot lately. Heart problems run on both sides of my family. My father died of a heartatck & my sister died fro. One as well. My mother had a heartatck this last year & had to have a stent put in. I have had chest pains for years. The last couple of years it has become worse. I ended up in the ER because I passed out the pain was so bad, I had two rounds of morphen before the pain stopped. When I went to a doctor he said he could not find anything wrong with my EKG , but last night I had chest pain so bad I was given nitro & the pain stopped almost emediatly with in a few min it was over. Should I go to a specialist to get this checked out or do I listen to what the first doctor said?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
regarding your question should I go to a specialist the answer is a big yes.
There is a strong family history of ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE in your family and you should not take these symptoms lightly. in all probability the specialist will take your ECG and then maybe do your TMT and assess if there is any evidence of inducible ischemia which will settle the issue
all the best
Answered: Sun, 1 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor