Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Having light, short periods. Having foetal type of movements. Pregnancy tests negative. Suggestions?

I have negative results for pregnancy and still have my period, however for the past 4 or 5 months my period has been different. First it was very light and lasted 3 days as opposed to lasting about 5-6 regular days with being very light for the remaining 2 or 3 days a total of 7-9 days. Another month I had a 4-5 day period proceeding light brown. Iv e also had regular periods, but their only lasting about half the amount of time they did prior. About 2ish months ago, I started having sharp, moving pain in my upper right abdomen . The pain would move from the front center and wrap around to the right side of my back, lasting maybe 3-5 seconds. This lasted off and on for almost 3 weeks. I went to a walk-in clinic, they said I was negative for pregnancy. In the last 2 weeks since my neg. test, my family Dr. has had my gull bladder checked and was told that s fine. Today they checked my kidneys. I am waiting on those results. For the last month or more I have been feeling movement on my left side, middle and right. I have 2 children that are in elementary and middle school and the movement feels like those a fetus would produce. I have also felt something in the upper middle abdomen that felt like it rolled. Am I going crazy?! I never had thoughts of being pregnant even with my period being different but now having movement has me worried! I am stressed out!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Your history of illness mentioned in the query is very ambiguous .
But I reached a conclusion that it might be due to hormonal imbalance.
Get in blood for estrogen, F S H/ L H ratio , androgen level .
Get in ultrasound of abdomen for uterus and ovaries .
Consult a gynaecologist and get his opinion.
Answered: Thu, 1 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor