Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Having itchy skin. Gets black raised spots and bleeds after scratching. Family history of itchy skin. Suggest some medicine?

Hi, I have a serious skin problem.. Its inherited from my mother.. its basically related to itching.. My mother is suffering from itching problem from the past 10 years .. we have consulted soo many doctors but all in vain.. please note that me and my mother are suffering from facial itching and now there are so many itchy rashes on my face too.. After itching, i have felt red rashes on my face and now there are soo many black raised spots too .. more over, i feel itching in stomach and on my back also.. Its unbearable in summers.. I itch until my skin peel off and start bleeding .. its getting worse day by day.. I am facing this problem for 4-5 years .. .Please help and recommend any thing for me and my mother also..
Mon, 28 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
After reading your history it appears that you might have developed allergic dermatitis to some contact allergen or environmental factors such as dust etc. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area otherwise these areas are very prone for getting secondary infection. You can apply an steroid cream such as cortisone cream. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. Apply a plenty of moisturizers over the affected area. If these increase then consult a dermatologist for higher treatment
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor