Having itchy rashes on chest, shoulders, back, face and arms after eating chocolate cake. Is it food allergy?

Hi. I m 31years old. I have goose bumps like rash on my chest , shoulders, back, face, arms for the last 3 days.its itchy also. I had some chocolate cake on saturday in the evening I notice rash on my chest..on sunday I had some cake again after two hours my arms started itching I notice some more rash on my back, shoulders today even on my face..I never had any type of rash before..I would like to ask if I could be allergic to some kind of food?as it never happened to me before..and I havent got any contact with any plants as I was at home all weekend..
Thu, 31 Oct 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You seem to be suffering from Acute urticaria. It is characterized by itchy red or skin colored raised wheals which is transient. The most common cause of acute urticaria is food. Seafood, meat, poultry, egg, milk, apples, brinjal, strawberry, coloring agents etc are commonly implicated. It is subjective and any food can cause it. Other common causes are medicines, infections, insect bites etc.

In your case Cake is number one on the suspected trigger list. Avoid eating it. You may take antihistamine like benadryl for the rash.
Hope this helped,