Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Having itchy rashes on chest, shoulders, back, face and arms after eating chocolate cake. Is it food allergy?

Hi. I m 31years old. I have goose bumps like rash on my chest , shoulders, back, face, arms for the last 3 days.its itchy also. I had some chocolate cake on saturday in the evening I notice rash on my chest..on sunday I had some cake again after two hours my arms started itching I notice some more rash on my back, shoulders today even on my face..I never had any type of rash before..I would like to ask if I could be allergic to some kind of food?as it never happened to me before..and I havent got any contact with any plants as I was at home all weekend..
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  504
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You seem to be suffering from Acute urticaria. It is characterized by itchy red or skin colored raised wheals which is transient. The most common cause of acute urticaria is food. Seafood, meat, poultry, egg, milk, apples, brinjal, strawberry, coloring agents etc are commonly implicated. It is subjective and any food can cause it. Other common causes are medicines, infections, insect bites etc.

In your case Cake is number one on the suspected trigger list. Avoid eating it. You may take antihistamine like benadryl for the rash.
Hope this helped,
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor