Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having itchy rash on neck. Diagnosed as scabies. Allergic to hazelnuts. What is the treatment?

I have an unbearable rash . What can I do to stop the itch? It is from my neck down. It has been going on for more than a month. The rash was nearly cleared up when boiopsy came back as scabies . Did first treament (cream and 7 pills thursday.) Woke up with the rash today. Been to PMP, Dermy and allergist . No normal food allergies by am allergic to hazelnuts. HELP!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to HCM.
Based on the information provided you might be suffering from recurrent scabies or a different rash.
Though you have been treated, if the source is still persisting scabies would recur.

Scabies treatment not only using medicines yourself, your entire family and your close contacts need to take treatment.

Wash your clothes and bed sheets ( as these may harbor the scabies mite) after soaked them in hot water mixed with an antiseptic solution.

There is a possibility that the rash could either be due to insect bite allergy or bed bugs or a fungal infection( dermatophyte).

See a dermatologist and first confirm whether the rash is due to scabies or any other reason mentioned above and get treated accordingly.

Wish you a healthy life.
Take Care
Answered: Thu, 10 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor