Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Having irregular periods due to overweight, taken janya medicine, had regular periods. Is it good to take yasmin pill?

hello , dr kiran , i m jaspreet from india ,23 years old ,unmarried, now in italy ,have the problem of irreguler periods. my periods start in the age of 14 and then i had periods regularly. it became irregler in the age of 18-19. i went threw docter check ups . dr says this problem beacause of overweright. my dr. advised me to take JANYA . it took it for 6 months ,during the course my periods became reguler but after stop the medicine it discontinue . now i m in italy and from last 8 months i have no periods , now i consult the docter ,she suggest me YASMIN . is this tablet good . please suggest me.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
You are suffering from pcod or polycystic ovarian disease.this is characterises by delayed periods,obesity and hirsuitism.
The choice of treatment for patients of pcod is birth control pills or oral contraceptives (like janya and yasmin).these pills are to be taken for 21 consecutive nights after dinner beginning from the 5th day of the periods.this helps regularise periods till the time they are taken but as soon as you discontinue the treatment ,the same condition reccurs.yasmin is as good as janya and you can take it for as long as you want.but,you will have to discontinue this medicine when you want to conceive as you cannot get pregnant when on these pills.
Patients with pcod have difficulty in conception.some patients conceive on their own whereas others may need help in the form of medicines.this is because patients with pcod have irregular periods and hence do not know when they woukd ovulate.weight is an important issue.pcod worsens with weight should take a dietary consult and should get a diet chart made according to your height and frame.regular exercise with diet control will help keeo weight and pcod in control.
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor