Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having irregular periods. Scan showed retroverted and bulky uterus. Can I conceive?

my report says that uterus is retroverted in position and bulky in size meauring 9.3*6.4*6.00 cms dimension. there is hypoechoic nodule noted in anterior aspect of body of uterus measures 2.8 vms i n daimeter. endometrial thickness is 10 mms .right ovary is enlaged measures 5.9 * 5.0 cms in dimension. solitary thinwalled cyst nited in it measures 4.3 *4.0 cms in diameter. I have irreular periods and slightly more bleeding than normal during last 8 months. can i concieve , what should be done ?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You need to get few basic tests like fsh lh prolactin tsh to see whether your hormones are allright...then get ypur tubes testes gor patency that is by hysterosalpingography to see whether they r patent. ...for bulky uterus and cyst which most likely is a follicular cyst...tske antibiotics amd anti inflammatory for few days and may be you have to tske low dose pills for 3 months to get your periods regular as well as for the cyst to resolve.....get your husband semen analysis also done....
Answered: Sat, 7 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor