Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having internal lump and pain above my belly button. On blood thinners. Have had blood clots before. What should I do?

i have an internal lump above my belly button about half inch up, started about size of a ping pong ball, now its size of 2 fists and have smaller one starting on right side of belly button , pain started espessially when i was cleaning ,and tearing down boxes...please help, had bad experience with surgeries when i had cancer in my cervix,they couldnt wake me and my upper chamber of heart went out,still on meds,so scared to get surgery,i am on blood thinners since i was 19,55 now,ive had 22 blood clots up till 2008,please help
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welocme to HCM.
There are various causes of such lesions, but it sounds to me like this could be hernia, diastasis recti or some subcutaneous benign tumors (lipoma, fibroma, ). You should do ultrasound with needle aspiration test first to find exact cause, but if this is such enlarged it must be surgically managed, especially if this is hernia which can have serious complications. there is a possibility of having local or regional anasthaesia so you shouldnt be worried about happening all those things again.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor