Hi, welcome to heath care magic, I am sorry that you are not feeling well
Insomina is a serious medical illness and sleep deprivation
has been linked depression
, increased drug and alcohol use and is also seen in other medical illnesses.
is insomnia that lasts more than one month.
is an important part of improving the quality of your sleep. It includes the following:
(1) develop regular sleeping habits- going to bed and getting up at a regular time
(2) avoid daytime naps
(3) if you are in bed and unable to sleep, do not stay in the bed for longer than 30 minutes or it becomes the place that your mind tells you can't sleep. Get up and do something relaxing for 10 to 20 minutes then return to bed
(4) don't read, watch tv, or use your computer in bed, again it is about retraining the mind that the bed is for sleep
(5) don't exercise within 2 hrs of bedtime but regular exercise is important
(6) wind down before going to be , do something relaxing
(7)Avoid caffeine after lunch
(8) make sure your bedroom is dark and comfortable
(9) if you have things to do or something on your mind then before going to bed write down the problems, the potential solutions and what you will do
Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep may also indicate that the circadium rhymth which is basically our sleep wake cycle, is not working well.
Try the above techniques , if you still have problems you should consider seeing a sleep specialist in your area.
I hope this information is helpful, wishing you a good night sleep