Having hypertension,i am on medicine(Losar A)

I am 36 yrs 176lbs(80 Kgs) having hypertension, on medicine(Losar A) for 1 yr, Do I have to continue till life?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
I don't know how tall you. are to see if that weight is appropriate for you. . If you want to refrain from taking high blood pressure medications for life; you should dramatically address your obesity problem ( i.e., if you are short) or maintain a healthy weight appropriate for your age and height.. Proper and regular exercise and a good healthy diet is a must. Eat l ots of fruits and vegetables; 2 Gms Sodium or salt diet; no trans fat or high cholesterol. and lots of fluids. In addition, you should monitor your blood pressure. And you should avoid stress. and consumption of too much caffeine. including sodas. You should also refrain from smoking. Uncontrolled blood pressure can cause complications of heart disease, kidney failure and strokes. My ex-husband, a CABG ( cardiac bypass pt) had malignant hypertension. I impressed on him the need for weight reduction and exercise in conjunction with HTN meds and diuretics. So his high blood pressure is under control. I; too have HTN. I'm on a low dose of Lisonopril with diuretic and it's maintaning my B/P quite well. I used to run in the 200's. It's hereditary. So I strongly suggest weight reduction and exercise. and a healthy diet. But the key word on the latter part ....... moderation. Eat the bad foods and cheat once in a while. You shouldn't deny youself on your favorite foods. But just remember to eat everything in moderation.. The following fruits are good for Hypertension: Losar -A is the trade or brand name for Reserpine(Generic).. It's good and effective; because it's an angiotensin II antagonist. It control ls high blood pressure but doesn't cure it. Some of the side effects are drowsiness, dry mouth, weight gain, depression, low sexual drive; stomach upset; loss of appetite; mood changes and nightmares. You might be interested to know that the following fruits and vegetables are homeopathic remedy for Hypertension: apricots, avocados. bananas, , beets, broccoli, cantaloupes, chestnuts, figs, GARLIC in cloves, oil or in pills; celery stalks and grape juice. and green tea.