Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having hypertension and obesity. On pacemaker for AV node during an EPS study. Is it safe for me to use HCG B12 diet?

I am 42 years old, 5 7 and weigh 220 lbs. I have high blood pressure and take medication . I also have a pacemaker due to an accidental ablation of my AV Node during an EPS study 21 years ago. A friend of mine is using the HCG B-12 diet to lose weight. I am considering doing this too. Is there anything about this diet that could cause me problems?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi there, Thanks for writing in. I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. Generally, If you have hypertension and heart disease, HCG clinics of repute, will want cardiologist's go ahead before starting therapy. In my view, if you are not hypertensive and has not had heart attack or angina. The indication of giving pacemaker was also congenital complete heart block (commonest at this age), there appears to be no contraindication for this therapy. However, you will have to seek appointment with the cardiologist who advised you a pacemaker in first place and seek his/her consent. Because, you would not be aware of complete indication for giving pacemaker. Good Luck
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)

Answered: Thu, 2 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor