Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having huge pain in my ear

I having huge pain in my ear since 3 days... Please suggest something!
Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Mr Ved Prakash Hello I am Dr Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of information provided it appears u are suffering form a disease of ear(wax in ear, fungal infection of ear, suppurative infection of middle ear, foreign body in ear etc ) or referred pain in ear { throat, oral cavity or pharynx or larynx(voice box) have common innervation with ear so disease in these areas can be a cause of pain in ear } . You will require an ENT consultation so that we can actually come to the diagnosis.I hope this answers your concern Do let me know if you need more info with regards Ravinder Sharma
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Jyothi Kumari's  Response
there are 3 possibilities1..Acute otitis media,especially if u have upper respiratory infection.2.External Otitis if there is pain on touching the ear or wax in ear and..3.The pain may be in the joint in front of your ear..if it is worse on biting and eating food.For the last you need a drug like brufen400 3 times daily for 3 days and an anti-inflammatory ointment like Voveran gel followwed by hot fomentation.For 2,you need ear drops and the same painkiller.For the 1st condition,antibiotics with brufen and aNasal drops for 5 days is essential with an antiallergic tablet at nightNasal drops are to be followed by steam inhalation..
you should be allright if you can do this as suggested.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
carsten's  Response
i also suffered this problem. you know we tried all measures. like putting warm oil in the ear and all but no effect, plugging the ear with cotton is not a good option as it will not help only. even after plugging we get the pain and than come back home and warm the ear with a lightened candle. than also we used to suffer pain. i have one brilliant idea. this as worked for me. buy rider glass that is transperent as sunglass kinds will not help in dim light.try using it. it has worked for me. it should completely cover the eyes. try and see
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response

You are suffering from Acute Suppurative Otitis Media.

Follow these--

1- tab amoxyclav 625 mg three times a day.
2- Take some anti inflamatory, antiallergic, decongestant tablet like sinarest three times a day.
3- antibiotic ear drop.
4- AVOID water entry in ears.


dont worry u will be all rite.


I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
manasi's  Response
My son used to get ear pain often. One day he cried whole night with ear pain. I took hime to ENT doctor in the morning and the doctor told he had infection, he told there is lot pf pus formation in his ears, he gave him some antibiotics and he cured. Now he does not complian of pain. So get it checked with an ENT doctor
  User's Response
Xhulja's  Response
when i swim and the water enters my ears i feel a deep pain and start crying for hours. Ilove scuba diving but is a problem for my ears..what can i do? And treatment?
  User's Response
kps's  Response
hi,is there any swelling or discharge from the ears?
  User's Response
hotdoc's  Response

usually ear pain occurs when there is accumulation of wax in the ear dont try to put ear buds as u may damage ur tympanic membrane try using hydrogen peroxide solution for 2-3 times a day if it is wax..........

  User's Response
nihar's  Response
hi,the causes of ear ache pain are: Swimming - when you swim without ear plugs and this allows the water to enter your ear canal. There are different bacteria in the pool from all the other users of the pool. This water get into you ear and causes ear infection and you will need ear pain relief. Common cold - this can cause pressure to build up in the ears, causing ear ache pain relief. Injured part of the body that is related to the ear, like a tooth ache, can cause headache pain.Why dont u see a ENT specialist and treated.
  User's Response
kayla's  Response
i have an ear ache from the inner part of my ear that hurts to the bottom of my jawbone pain occurs whem open mouth loud noises and touching of outer and inner ear and outside of bottom jaw and behind ear can u help me?
  User's Response
nuria's  Response
yes this i have also noticed, i used to get pain, i also had the sight problem, my doctor advised me to were glass constantly, now i observed my ear pain started reducing and now it is not there . i think its the sight problem you have and its getting more worse in the cold and we get pain. get your eyes tested once.
  User's Response
mehak's  Response
even i have got severe earache for mor thatn 2 days..finally it increased day by day that i cdnt...bear that..i went to a doctor he examined my ear ..for almost 1o minutes and then told there is some foreign body in my ear..i have hobby of using cotton of the swabs i forgot to remove...becuase of which i faced this problem..and then doctor removed that swab...and gave me some pain killer now i m feeling better
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, My name is AAAAAAA AAAAAAA I live in Muscat,Oman Its paining Too much in my ear since 2 week or 3 week and i am not able to get expensive medicines Because i am poor :( What should i do and i can`t pay for answer :( Please Help Me Noor

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I m working in the n9t shift while support to over the phone.So i had nearly talked over the phone nearly 6-8 hours in the shift.So i m getting huge ear pain and as well head-ch .Can i do any surgery for ear pain to avoid ear pain.Can u please tell me how to avoid complete ear pain.

doctor1 MD

have had a cold and also had a very painful earache. my doctor gave me ear drops a month ago when i complained that they felt blocked up. so i used this in my ear. the pain was quite bad ...i know you are not supposed to use cotton buds but i did and a HUGE amount of wax came out. not there is much less pressure but it is leaking pinky coloured fluid and sounding like the ocean every couple of minutes or so.

Recent questions on  Chronic pain

doctor1 MD

I had fusion spine surgery on c-2 -c6 because I have spasmatic torticollis involentery my brain triggers chronic pain wore my protein between my spine bones . I had surgery March 17, this year 2and a half months ago. My spasms pulls my ncck down. They don t have a neck brass to fit me. Will this weaken my bone mass or wii my neck get strong like it was before my surgery? Very scared. My spasms never pulled my neck down and I know the first 12weeks your neck nots to pull down so the bone mass can fuse around my spine bone.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor Grief; my name is Richard Hartsfield, from Alabama. I am a 61 year old veteran and I have been suffering chronic pain (90% arthritic), amongst other things. My doctors at the V.A. in Birmingham, Alabama have been looking after my needs until 16 to 20 months ago. I was told by my doctor at the V.A. that he was being mandated by his SUPERIORES that he was to start the process of taking myself along with all other Veterans that eventually practically all Vets would not be getting any narcotic pain relievers I was fortunate to have an old high school buddy who is a physician refer me to another physician who would see to my needs. I take anywhere from 150 to 170m.g. s of methadone for a long time and am afraid that ,(well I,m afraid that for some unforseeable reason, that I won t be able to get the meds I need. I am a caretaker for my 86 year old mother and it is a gut wrenching thing to watch her slowly die a little each day. To make a long storey short, I am looking ahead and will eventually need my pain meds (legally) each month without the stress of worrying if I will be able to get my meds. Respectfully, Richard Hartsfield

doctor1 MD

I have been taking Hydrocodone (Vicadin) for over 5 years to treat chronic pain. I am currently taking 2 10mg every 6 hours. I wish to stop taking this medication. What do you recommend as a substitute pain reliever? How should I discontinue the hydrocodone?

doctor1 MD

Hello -

Wife is 65 years old and suffers from extreme constipation. She receives excellent medical care, UNC & Duke graduates, but neither her primary physician or her plethora of specialists seem to be able to offer practical suggestions.

Situation resulted from surgery in 2001 four “flat back” syndrome secondary to scoliosis. Nerve damage occurred during surgery with many negative outcomes, such as, chronic pain, bladder and bowel dysfunction, some paralysis in right leg.

She manages well, in spite of, these difficulties and prior to surgery was high functioning in very responsible position.

She takes heavy narcotics for pain which, of course, contributes to her problem. Also, she takes Miralax and copious fluids.

Bowel movements are unpredictable and can take hours to complete. This part of her disability severely constricts her quality of life.

Are there any suggestions, short of a colostomy, which might alleviate her symptoms of constipation, as well as, relieving the constipation itself.

I understand this is a complicated medical situation, but I am interested only in the bowel management issues.

Any suggestions? Any recommendations? Any solutions?

Thanks very much for your time and attention to this problem.


doctor1 MD

I can't get to sleep tonight. I have severe butt pain especially whn I lye down. Excursion. It shoot lik a knife. I'm on steroid , doesn't or didn't help Went to a pain doctore but he seems to thinks it a muscel and want me to do physical therapy...

doctor1 MD

Is it worth it to try hemp oil for pain and if so, what qualities should I be looking for?. Can you recommend a product. What makes the price differ so much?

doctor1 MD