Having hives, anti-histamines only reduce itching and swelling, hair cuticles also red. Medication ?

I have been having hives for the last week, and anti-histamine only makes the itching and swelling subside a little but not completely. Cortizone cream helps with the rest but the redness never fades.
After observing for a week I noticed that the rashes and heated itching only occurs in the parts of my body that has been exposed to pressure. Any kind of pressure/irritation, from just my collars and sleeves touching my skin, all the way to the part where my arm rests on the table when I'm typing, and even just the weight of my glasses legs seems to be causing that part of my ears to itch.
I experimented earlier, by scratching a straight line over my stomach with a clean sharp edge. Not enough to bleed or anything, just enough for that white line to form and then soon fade away. About an hour or two later, that line begins to swell pink, and by the end of the third hour the whole line area is forming into one big patch of welt. So it really does seem like it's and oversensitivity of some sort of nervous system function.
The odd part is, the majority of all of my hair cuticles are also red, as though just the wind or water touching the smaller hairs of my arms and legs would cause the skin to be irritated as well.
I am currently on the 12-hours zyrtec-D and a type of antibiotics for a lump in my lymph node that has been there for 2 months and no blood tests showed any results of what it might be.
I think the zyrtec is making my throat hurt really badly, like most other medications that stops running noses, such as nyquil and benedryl. I think I'm going to try to not take it anymore because the pain clenching my throat is so bad it's hard to breathe.
Side note is that since the hives started my body temperature has been one celcius higher than normal, but that might also be because my period started this week. I seem to have a weaker immune system during times like now, but the fact that my skin is turning a strange waxy shade and that I can see my blue-green veins very clearly across my body along with the rashes is really freaking me out.
I have no sleep issues. My appetite has been fine, and my bowel movements are normal. So it's probably nothing organ related.
Tue, 9 Jul 2013