Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Having high fever with chest pain. Elevated WBC levels. Whom should I consult?

hi doctor, one of my relative (female, 53yrs) is suffering from high fever 104-105 degree F, with acute chest pain during fever phase. pathological test found that sudden increase in WBC count. yesterday was 13k/cu. mm and today it is 22K/cu. mm. what could be the reason? and what should we do now. if required, doctor of which specialization should we consult???
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
it is suggetsive of an acute inflammmatorry reaction or an infection,now the source of infection must be traced,it can be tooth decay or an ear infection or an appendicitis,show to a surgeon
Answered: Tue, 17 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor