Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having heavy painful periods on microgynon. Should i change the medicine ?

Hello I was prescribed microgynon four months ago for heavy painful periods. My periods are still painful and heavy and I have only noticed a slight reduction in duration. Is this normal? Should I ask for my medication to be changed ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
hi welcome to hcm,
if you are unmarried then its normal cos dysmennorhea will will subside later..take tab spasmoproxyvon for relief of pain..if still symptoms persists its advicible to consult your doc..take care
Answered: Sat, 29 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You are having Dysmanorrhea and Menorrhoegia and require hormonal treatment for few months.
Consult gynaec and go for treatment.
Meanwhile take antspsmodic tab. as and when required.
Take rtest during period.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 29 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor