Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Having heavy irregular periods. USG test normal. Taking xamic-MF and novelon tab. Is it safe to have these tablets?

I am 24 and my periods are irregular and sometimes heavy bleeding occurs.from last three months my period is lasting for 3 to 4 days then two or three days gap again very tensed about this.i visited a doctor he prescibed me USG PRL , TSH ,BT,CT,PT USG test is normal.but my TSH is 8.00 microIU/ doc prescribed me Xamic-MF for 10 days also FUH for 42 days then during the start of my period Novelon tab.for TSH eltroxin 50 mg. my question is will it be safe to have these tabs bcoz i dont like to take too much tabs.nd also will i have to continue my thyroid tabs for lifelong???????????
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  2052
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
As your hormonal profile suggests thyroid insufficiency, it should be treated. Progesterones are usually given as continuous therapy for not more than 20 days and as such, you should ask your doctor about the way to use FUH. Novelon will help your cycles to be regularized after a couple of courses; if not, you shall be further investigated. Maintenance of a healthy weight and a proper diet in addition to regular exercise help a lot. Hope you find this information useful. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 3 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor