Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Having headache, dizziness, pain in the jaw, trouble with speech after an injury to head. Need medical attention?

Hello, 4 days ago I was cutting branches with long handled sheers. I cut a branch above my head and the sheers smashed the top of my head as they closed from cutting the branch. Both the branch and the sheers hit my head and fell to the ground. Now I ve had a steady headache and any fast movement gives me dizziness . My top jaw hurts still. I did have trouble with my speech at first and couldn t remember things. It hurts to touch the top of my head and I can t seem to get much sleep.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I think the impact was hard and you have suffered some degree of concussion. But, it improves on its own in most patients.

You can continue to wait and watch and take symptomatic treatment, such as analgesics (diclofenac or ibuprofen) and cinnarizine or betahistine for dizziness.

If you get better, there is no need of any medical attention; however, if symptoms persist, you could see a doctor.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor