Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having gallbladder pain, pain under ribs and yellowish skin. How to get rid of this pain?

hi, i am a 15 year old boy and have been having pain which i believe could be gallbladder pains. from what i have researched the symptoms seem to indacate it aswell. i regulaly get fairly yellow skin (as stated by a friend in maths lesson), ( Jaundice symptoms), not severe but friends have noticed although it is not constant and comes on every so often. i also have urticeria, which could explain for the itching, but the rashes dont come up when i do, so i am not sure if it is a symptom. with these symptoms i get pain and tenderness under the ribs on the right side that is made worse by movement or coughing. however it is not severe (i am not screaming in pain but am crouched over) and not long lasting normally (6 hours-1 day), (Acute cholecystitis symptoms). but i do not get the tempreture asosiated with it. in serious cases of it i do get long lasting pains but never a fever or anything like that. and also i feel like i get gallstones but i have no proof it has never been stated by a doctor, it just feels like people say it does. my parents both have problems with gallbladders, my mum had to have hers removed. what can i do to get rid of these pains, should i see a doctor about it, and is there something i can do to stop it permanently because it as occasionally effected my sporting performance, and that is not usuall because i have played with a ruptured hip flexer and sever cases of shin splints and osgood schlatters. many thanks ed
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hello there,
I will answer to your question according to ayurveda.
Firstly,you should do abdominal sonography first to rule out your fear.
If the report is ok,then don't worry,its a physiological problem that you have.
Now what ayurveda thinks regarding this problem?As you are also suffering from urticaria (sheet pitta) along with yellow skin.This is called tirykgamitva of doshas.
My experience says if this is not due to gall bladder stone then its related with blood(rakta) +rasa(lymph) +mamsa(muscle) dhatu. This is called samtajaneet pitta/kaphavrurtta pitta dosha in ayurveda.
The best medicines for this are navayas loha/punarnava mandure/shankha bhasma/praval pishti etc along with dhanvantar ghritam/mahatiktak ghritam/dadimadya ghritam. I got excellent results with these medicines in my ayurvedic practice at my clinic.Also maximum intake of ginger/hing/spinach/yam/beet root/turmeric/coriander seeds/black cardamom/oregano/mangostine peel/jaggery/green gram daal is also recommended.
Also do various test like LFT,AST GGPT,AP,Urine analysis,BUL,ESR,BSL etc.If any problems occurs the above written treatment is also effective in gall bladder stone +in any liver diseases.
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

It sound like something more serious than gallstones. Yellowish skin, itching, dark urine, whitish stool - these are all jaundice symptoms. With such pain, most probably you do suffer from bile ducts obstruction due to gallstones migration. Such stone blocks bile ducts and impedes bile flow so the bilirubin accumulates in the whole body. Such stone can also block pancreas duct and result with acute pancreatitis (very serious disease).
That is why you should not wait anymore and visit your doctor. You should start diagnostics with abdominal ultrasound, full blood work. liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP,AP), amylase, bilirubin, urine analysis.
If bile ducts stones will be confirmed, ERCP should be done to have it treated and after about 2 weeks of ERCP, gallbladder surgery should be done as well.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist Dr. Charles S Narasi's  Response
Hello, edmaxted,
Looks like you have done extensive Webmd search.
One striking thing about your history is the strong
family history.Eventhough the four "F"s we are taught
in medical school(Fatty,Fertile,Female,Forty) younger
individuals can have gallbladder problems. This is
also common in people with elevated lipid levels.
Typical symptoms of acute gallbladder attack include
severe right upper quadrant abdominal pain with
radiation to the back, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills
and yellow jaundice.If one of the stones plug the duct
or channel that carries the bile into the intestine, then
you can have"Pruritus" or itching due to excess bile salts.
I think you should have a sonogram of your gallbladder
along with blood tests.
wish you well,and I hope you pursue a medical field.

Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor