Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Having frequent migraines, dizziness and buzzing sound in the ear. Vomited bile. What could be the problem?

I have frequent migraines. Past couple of days I ve been very (head) dizzy with what sounds like a air compressor turning off and on in my right ear whether I turn my had or not. And no I have not been in the water. I ve also been nauseated with left upper quadrant pain and spent last night vomiting bile . I m female 40 and otherwise in good physical health
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic, I am sorry that you feel unwell

The abnormal noise in your ear is called tinnitus.Tinnitus is the perception of of sound in the head or ears, it is a symptom of an underlying condition.

It can result from any problem in the outer, middle or inner ear of brain. Some of the common causes are: exposure to extreme noise, medications like aspirin or diuretics, advancing age,meniere's syndrome ( a condition of the inner ear that is associated with tinnitus, dizziness and hearing loss), ear infection, excess wax, stress, in rare cases brain tumors ( usually have a intermittent tinnitus which is sometimes actually heard by the doctor).

It is normally diagnosed via history and examination of ears, head and neck and treatment would depend on the cause.

Dizziness is often associated with nausea and vomiting.

There is another condition called Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is associated with vertigo ( sensation of head spinning), nausea, vomiting.It is treated by performing a maneuver called Epley's maneuver and medications such as antihistamines and sedatives are also prescribed.

You should consider visiting your doctor who will take a complete history to assess all the presenting symptoms and conduct an appropiate examination.

i hope this information helps and I hope you feel better soon
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor