Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Having facial cheek and ear pain when I turn my head

I am a 43 year old female and have had pain on and off in my right cheek/inside of my gum area since January of this year (8 months now). The inside of my gum towards the back of my teeth sometimes appears swollen or to have a small pocket of fluid. The pain has been on and off for months now. The pain has gone from on and off to now being constant. I have been to my primary care doctor , the dentist and an ENT. Not one of them has been able to help me or figure out where this is coming from. In addition to the cheek pain, I now have pressure where my ear and jaw come together and have a tight painful feeling down the side of my neck and in my ear when I turn my head to the right side. If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  247
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Do you have any pain on opening the aw, any sound in the ear while you do that. You should be properly evaluated for Eagle's syndrome which is a sharp long bone which may be pressing the inside of your tonsils. It is best to get evaluated by your ENT or Neurosurgeon, since Dentist has not found any pathology. You may take pain killer like Paracetamol under medical supervision for relief till then.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor