Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Having dry penis with small blisters under the foreskin. Is this yeast infection?

i have been experiencing a dry penis under my foreskin . i shower every day and clean under foreskin with water only. if for some reason i miss a shower because im tired after work, the next time i pull foreskin back the tissue of the tip peels off with the retraction ( only a tiny layer but sometimes can get red and sore). my foreskin is not especially tight either. i have found that applying a small amount of (excuse the term) sexual lube under skin helps considerably but this is not a long term fix. i have heard that it could be a yeast problem....can u have this problem for over 5 years?! one person online said apply aluminium free baking powder under foreskin helps (!) have supplied a picture on next page - this is as bad as it has got ( small blisters appear for a few days)
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  185
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query.yes it is quite possible that it may be yeast infection based on you history of dryness. (Check for diabetes once )I that case you need not worry much.apply antifungal cream twice a day for a week.avoid sex as it may spread to your partner or use condom(not that with spermicidal powder).hope it solves the problem .regards
Answered: Fri, 3 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor