Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Having diarrhoea, pus and blood seen in stool. On ors. Urine report suggest some rbc and pus. Concerned

my 2.5 old son is having diaherria from last 5 days recently we observe sopme pus & blood stain in his stool earlier he was having fever which is now in control but his stools are consistent sometime its watery & some time semisolid we are giving him ors ,water,boiled rice,lassi etc he is passing his urine clearly & his mvements are ok kindly advice when he will be alright we are slightly worried .his urine report suggest some rbc & pus .
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for using healthcaremagic
I would be pleased to answer your question .
Since there is presence of blood and pus in both in his urine and stool, it is highly necessary that your son should be on some antibiotic treatment as the infection needs to be cleared . you will surely need to continue with the hydration that you are doing by concentrating on the ORS intake and keep an account of his total volume intake and urine output . In children , the fluid output should be covered with a total good input or intake of water that is keeping your child hydrated is very important .
Make sure you book an appointment with the Pediatrician as early as possible .

Thanks and take care
Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor