Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having diabetes and heart problems, How to loose weight ?

my dad has diabetes and his heart s arteries are clogging slowly. he has had one stent put in before and now another artery is getting clogged slowly. the doctors said they cant fix the clog unless its 50% clogged due to insurance and state law. and yea. he needs to loose weight but its really hard for him because of the diabetes, help?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
I have type 2 diabetes and have lost 3 stone over the last 6 months - with diabetes you have to diet slowly because you need to eat regular meals with complex carbohydrates. I have followed the weightwatchers diet which encourages you to eat healthilly and exercise which is just what you need to do when you have diabetes and heart problems. If your dad joins his local group (yes men do go as well) he will get the diet and the group leader will guide him with his diet to ensure he stays healthy and well. Best of luck to you both.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor