Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Having dent on the top of the head. Having headaches on rightside, balance loss occasionally. Solution?

At the very top of my forehead going up onto the top of my skull the bone to the left of my part is low. Then there is almost an inch of no bone, then the left side is raised. I originally found it about 6 weeks ago went to the doctor got an x-ray . I was at a teaching hospital with no insurance. 15 people came in to touch and look! They told me the x-ray was sent to neurology . They then called and told me to come to the doctors office for my results. They would not tell me over the phone. A nurses aid came out and said there was no more pressure. I asked her what I was suppose to do. She said it was my body do what I wanted. When I was in the x-ray room, they though I had lost a plate, I told them I only had a plate in my neck . I have a large scar on the side of my head form a severe car wreck over thirty years ago. The whole thing is upsetting because it is getting worse and I have bad headaches on the right side and I feel wet spots. My balance will at times just go. what should I do
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

If it was something serious, you would surely be informed and treatment of your condition discussed with a senior doctor. As you were involved in a car wreck 30 years back, I would suggest you to consult a neurologist and get a CT scan head done. Any small problem is visible in CT scan and you will have a confirmation if anything is wrong and needs further treatment.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 24 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor