Having cold, cough during pregnancy. Taking medicines. Coughing dangerous?

I m 11 weeks pregnant and just developed a bad chest cough following a week long cold. Only been coughing sice yesterday but it s pretty forceful and I don t want it to develope into asthma symptoms . My doc was closed and I would rather not go to the emergency room. I m taking plain Robitussin and chloraseptic cough drops because they were on my OBGYN s safe list, given to me when I first became pregnant. Should zinreally o to the ER to see someone or wait it out? How dangerous is the coughing in the mean time?
Thu, 15 Nov 2012