Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Having chronic swelling, pain in feet, hands. Diagnosed with lupus anticoagulant. Treatment?

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with lupus anticoagulant when I had an unexplained PE. I was tested twice 6 months apart to confirm diagnosis. I recently saw a rheumatologist for chronic swelling and pain in feet &hands. He ran the same tests as the hemotoloist and they came back negative twice. My question is can I stop taking the warfrain I dont like takin it. I feel its caused alot of weight gain and bloating! And should I ween of it or just stop taking?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You should not stop taking warfarin cold turkey. Please consult your doctor before you do that. What is the actual indication for you to take warfarin? Of course, it does cause weight gain and bloating to some extent.

Make sure your INR and PT are normal.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor