Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having chronic rheumatoid arthritis. Difficulty in walking despite taking medications. Allergic to sulfa drugs. Alternate medication?

Hi, Doctor My mother who is 61 years old is suffering from chronic rhymatoid arthritis daiagnosed about 7 years ago. She was treated wiht mutiple medications , but currently she is on Folvite, Folitrex ( methotrexate ), and SAZO , and about 2 to 4 tablets of chrocin 650 mg daily, but still now her problem has increased to the point where she is finding difficulty to walk few steps. I think she is allergic to sulfa medications. Can u please suggest any other medication that does not contain sulfa drug.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
there are other c lasses of medication that could be of help, but being on these drugs require appropriate monitoring. Options like chloride salts, gold salts, corticosteroids, anti inflammatory drugs and narcotics are still options. But selection, prescription and monitoring of treatment shall be ideal when done by a rhumatologist.
I suggest you meet the rhumatologist for expert counseling and management.
I wish you the best of health and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor