Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Having bump on top right side of scalp, increasing in size. Should it be remove?

Hi Dr. I m a 32 yr old healthy active female. I ve had a small squishy bump on the top right side of my scalp for years now, and just recently it s increased slightly in size. Still squishy. Does not hurt, and my husband says it is covered in hair, looks just like the rest of my scalp. My mother had a scalp cyst that turned into squamous and was surgically removed, and maternal grandmother had bumps on her scalp that were also removed. I am now concerned because of the change in size and need to know if this warrants a call to my MD. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that you might be having Sebaceous cyst or lipoma.
Consult surgeon and get examined.
Go for excision and removal and go for biopsy to rule out any pathology.
ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor