Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Having body aches, feels like lump in the upper back. Sleeplessness in nights, suicidal tendency, no interest in family. Suggestions?

i ve been tired for so long. every day my body aches, my upper back feels like it has a knot in it. i don t want to do anything anymore. i have no interest in anything except sleep. i stay up all night and cannot sleep, then sleep away the day....when i wake up i feel guilty for being so worthless. i put a gun in my mouth last night to see what it felt wasn t as cold as i thought it would be. i wasn t really planning on killing myself...i don t think.....but if i accidentally would have been ok. i can t keep a job, i sometimes do not shower for a week at a time, the thought of it make me tired, it seems like such a chore. i have no reason to feel this way. nothing tragic has happened. i have no energy. i think a lot about dying, it doesn t scare me like it used to. i don t really want to...but really don t care. its rather embarrassing...i have children...i avoid them. i m afraid they will see how i am and think badly of themselves....then i feel bad for not spending time with poor wife. i don t know why she has not left me.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
I can understand your concern. Your symptoms point towards either an underlying chronic depressive disorder or a dysthymic disorder which is a milder variant. You might also require assessment of your personality profile. Active suicidal thoughts are a psychiatric emergency. I suggest you undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation as early as possible and get yourself admitted as an in-patient considering your suicidal thoughts. Effective anti-depressant medication and psychotherapy (eg. cognitive behavioural therapy) are available for management. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012
I looked through your complaints and I understand that you are having issues that you are willing to deal with and you do not know how to deal with. The good part is, you actually wish to have a different life. You are suffering from Sever Depression and which will require psychotherapy and I will advise that you seek psychiatric consultation immediately.
Before you do anything, you should think strongly about your children and your wife and think of the period when you actually cared much about them and could do anything for them. Try to think of that period and how you felt good about the feelings of loving them. Then cling to it.
Depression might take time to be treated but you can be treated if you give your doctor the chance.
Trying to sort this online is a good step, but the best step is for you to see first your doctor or a psychiatric so that they can assist you before its too late. You will require a lot of counselling and visit to your doctor to get over it.
I hope this helps you and wish you the best
Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi a cold beer 4 me ! Hello ! Hello ! When you was a child you always though that your live your life with fun and happy ending. And now i am looking at you as a slave of your unwanted thoughts. Now! What to do! if you taking beer don't stop at once but gradually stop it, As it is a devil give you mental useless worry. if you are taking medicine for mental disorder. Stop it cause if you take it for a long time, these medicine give you sucidal thought. Ask doctor to change it or to stop for sometime. My friend everybody dies sooner or later, as your wife having full faith on you which is very rare for anyone these days. Don't give her bad memories for rest of her life. This is not her and your children reward for trusting you as a hero. Here ! what to do more, do regular exercise, make hobby. Later search job or anything you like. For back pain do massage and hot compress. Take diclofenac tab for pain. Eat good and drink juice. Do ask psychologist for help. Bye.
Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor