Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Having blood clot in brain. Treatment and precaution to be taken?

My father in law is 74 yrs old,his blood pressure are normally high..he has sudden attack with blood vomitting and he was not at all in conscious form..we have admitted in hospital immediately..after we came to know he is having blood clot in brain..pls advise if it is curable and how long it takes to cure...also which hospital is best in delhi /ncr and reasonable as we r middle class people...pls advise it is emergency
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  292
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks, It appears that Your father has suffered a CVA(Cerebro Vascular accident), It can be a bleed in the brain or an infarct(an area of brain without blood supply). Both the lesions are treatable provided the size of infarction or bleed is small and there are no associated secondary damage to the brain or lungs. Its very difficult to give you the time he will take to recover as it depends on several factors. please contact a neurologist at an earliest.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mukesh Porwal's  Response
ram manohar lohia hospital new delhi.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor