Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Having behavior problem of talking to myself, anger. Work, life unaffected. Is it normal?

Hi i am by profession a fashion designer and running an interior firm too, running since past three four years.. since few months i have develop this unrest in me.. unrest means i swear out loud (mostly when i am alone, its like i am talking to myself or angry to myself) and i start speaking out when i start thinking deeply... i sleep well, do my work without any problem.. living a normal life.. i would like to know why i do this , is it normal..or do i need to take precaution
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You should ask yourself the following questions

How do you feel about yourself
Do you feel depressed
Do you feel somebody is trying to harm you
Do you see abnormal things
Do you hear any voices
Are you able to sleep well
Do you have any plans to harm or kill yourself
Do you smoke or drink excessively
Do you use any drugs or medications
Have you been diagnosed or treated for any psychiatric illness

If you have problems in any of these areas, then it is important for you to visit a psychiatrist. Also if you habit of talking to yourself is not affecting you from otherwise carrying on your life and activities, it is not a cause of concern.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

Your symptoms are possibly indicative of underlying anxiety or depressive pathology. For that, you must visit a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management in form of medicines, psychotherapy/counselling sessions and relaxation exercises like deep breathing, yoga or meditation.

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Srivastava's  Response
You must seek counseling, pent up desires,ambitions,job pressure,make you unable to express freely, just be relaxed and have more interactions with friends instead of having pent up feelings,be open and try to talk your inner feelings with friends
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor