Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having back pain. Diagnosed as scoliosis. Given naproxen. What is the permanent cure?

i have very bad back pain and i was just told i have Scoliosis , they have me on naproxen for the pain but it s not working at all, i have been on another medication for a different pain reason and it took the back pain away how can i safely tell my doctor what works without looking like a pill-seeker, because i m not i just want my life back without pain.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
scoliosis can be managed conservatively or by surgically .
there are many factors which decided the mode of treatment out which 3 most imp are severity of the curve, risk of progression of the curve over the period of time i.e. progressive or non progressive curves.and the pulmonary status of the patient.
all these factors can evaluated after properclinical examination and investigation.
hence kindly consult spine surgeon
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor