Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Having a sore neck, upper back and arms and tendinitis in the wrists after an accident. Do I have to go for any specific tests?

I was in a car accident 2 and a half months ago. For a couple days, I seemed fine. Then on the third day, I started waking up with sore neck , upper back, and upper arms. This has essentially persisted since then, some days worse than others, but no days pain free. I happen also to have chronic tendinitis in my wrists, and this has also been worse since then. Is this normal? Should I get special tests done? Or is massage okay?
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
The symptoms you describe in your neck and upper back would be consistent with a whip lash injury. This injury is usually treated by physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory medication. Tendonitis of the wrist is very common particularly on the radial border at the base of the thumb. This may be made worse by a car accident. The treatment is tendon gliding exercises, anti-inflammatory medication, local anaesthetic and steroid injections and occasionally surgery for tendon pulley release. When extremely tender a wrist splint can be of benefit. No special tests are required for these diagnosis but I would seek the opinion of your Dr who may want to X-ray your neck and upper back to ensure you do not have any fractures as a result of your injury.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor