Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having a severe hunchback, condition getting worse. Curable condition?

I have a really bad hunchback. I noticed it when I was 13/14, now I m 18 and it s got worse. I don t know what to do! I didn t go to the doctor because they would probably say Nothing s wrong, it s in your imagination . It isn t though, it s awfully noticeable. So if I did go to a doctor what would they do? Is it fixable?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Please do not form a negative opinion of your doctor without having consulted him.

It is important to do a clinical examination of the back by a doctor to ascertain the findings, whether there is kyphosis or scoliosis (forward or lateral bending of the spine).

If found, you would require an MRI and a few other tests to find out the reason for the same.

If clinically significant, the spine deformity can be corrected with operation.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor