Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Having a large swollen lump on the temple due to bug bite. Numb. Concerned?


I was bit by a bug yesterday around this time, no idea what kind, never saw it. I only knew I had a bug bite because my husband noticed the bite was bleeding a bit. It is a very tiny bite on my temple next to my eye. I had no other symptoms until this afternoon- there is a large swollen lump and it tingles kind of, but isn't really numb. Should I be concerned?

Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  653
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
An insect bite causes an inflammatory or allergic reaction. If the swelling is not associated with breathlessness or any other discomfort, merely use icepacks on the area to combat swelling and it should reduce in a few days. If there is significant itching around the area, local application of a smoothening agent like lactocalamine lotion should ease symptoms. Any itching of the body as well can be targeted with an oral antihistaminic.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor