Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having Vitamin D, Folate deficiency, diverticulitis, IBS. Removed gallbladder. On Thyroxine, vitamin d3, folic acid. Specialists for consultation?

Hi I am 63 years of age I take the following medicines Thyroxine 100mg (After radio Active Iodine treatment for Graves) I had ny gallbladder removed 20 years ago and have been feeling unwell since. I also take omeprazole and have Vitamin D deficiency (severe) for which I take vitamin d3 I also have Folate deficiency for which i take folic acid daily. I suffer from diverticulitis and IBS. I am getting fed up with feeling unwell. The doctors seem to treat the symptoms and do not look for the underlying cause. I would like to see a specialist as I am sure that this cocktail of tablets is not always helping. But what specialist should I ask to be referred to?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi !
I can understand from your history that you have been through many procedures without much improvement in your health status.What I would like to suggest to you is to consult a gastroenterologist who will be able to provide solution to your diverticulitis and IBS.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor