Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having PCOS and irregular period. Had intercourse for the first time and had pain in pelvic and bleeding. Treatment?

hi , am 26 years had a problem of polycystic up to knw i face irregular menstrual problems but from last year i got regular of my periods 2days back i went for first intercourse but not did sex totally in the begining of pelvis gone i got more pain and bleed heavily on that day even blood cloths also happen but next day it came to less but it still not yet gone...what exactly have to take precaustion please help me out
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcaremagic,
You have Polycystic ovary with irregular period it is good that now you are having regular period.
It is normal to have some bleeding during first intercorse as it is due to rupture of hymen and then pain should reduce in subsequent intercourse.
Both of you should spend some time for foreplay and arousal should help in natural lubrication you can also use lubricating agents to help.
If this does not subside and pain and bleeding persist then you should get examined by Gynecologist to see any local trauma or tear and any other cause.
Other possibility spasm of pelvic muscles vaginismus for which a Psychiatrist may be consulted if required.
Hope this helps you
Take care
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor