Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Having PCOD. Had abortion. Prescribed susten 300mg. What should I do to get pregnant?

Hello Doctor, I m 26 yr old female,Height 155 cm,weight 75 kg.I have PCOD problem.I got married last jan 2012,and i had one abortion after 2 months,,,now i want a baby,,,,but my periods not come this month and my doctor advised me to take susten 300 mg tablet BD for 3 days and to stop,and she told me that periods will come after 3 days and i took it for 3 days and today is my 5 th dayy and periods not come still,,,am so tensed,,,,i want to wait ? Or to consult my doctor again ? Plz help me ..
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
PCOS is multifactorial disorder which leads to anovulation and infertility. As you are overweight, try to lose weight by diet control and exercise. Get your blood sugar levels done apart from other hormonal investigations. Testing blood sugar levels will give an idea about need to start metformin. Sometimes It may take up to 7-8 days for periods to come after stopping progesterone( susten). Wait for 2 more days and if period does not come consult your doctor. There are high chances of miscarriages in PCOD due hormonal imbalance which needs to be taken care of before conceiving. There are other factors also which may lead to miscarriages.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor