Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Havent had my period for 2 years, please suggest

I had my period a few times but then it never came back. It s been 2 years, and i know you guys are gonna tell me to see a doctor and I will but will they check..... down there?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Yes, they will check "down there." They may do an ultrasound as well--those are always fun! They'll likely want a blood sample, too. Look, if you're uncomfortable, find yourself a gynecologist or a general practitioner who is a FEMALE. Quite frankly, I SWEAR BY female gynecologists AND doctors for female patients...they're more gentle, they do sensible things like warming the speculum (nothing like an ice cold device up your hoo-whee to make you tense and nervous) and since they HAVE the equipment they are examining, they have a better understanding of your descriptions of how things are feeling "down there." Are you underweight? Do you have an eating disorder? Are you terribly stressed? Or (and I know this is unlikely in the extreme) are you pushing fifty? All of these reasons can cause your period to stop. Another thing that can cause your period to stop is simply premature menopause--it's not common but it does happen. Please, get the phonebook, ask around, get a referral from a trusted friend, but do find a doctor and get yourself checked. Like I said, unless you are well into or past your middle age, you should be menstruating, and the reasons you aren't could be something very straightforward, or something VERY SERIOUS. Don't muck around now--get your courage together, and make that phone call. Believe me, doctors have seen THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of "lady businesses" and yours will not be the first, or the last, or unusual to them in any way. I urge you to get over your reluctance, and pick up the phone, please! I know you'll be happier-- once you're all through a bit of embarrassment and discomfort --that you did. Best of luck--be strong, now!!
Answered: Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor