Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Have weak legs, arm, one eye blind. Have gillian barre, done mri, blood tests

Hi,im 56 male i have been ill since i was 24yrs i was dianosed with gillian barre with the possibillity of ms when i was 48 i went blind in 1 eye { left} my mri,s have been clear i have weakness in my legs i drag my left leg especially when tied, i get dramaticaly effected from heat to the point where i can,t walk and crash on the lounge and when it cools down i get back to square 1.I have had every blood test known to man,my arms are week when i hold them straight out in front of me. i have symptoms as long as my arm can you help.cheers Peter ,i live in Australia.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The treatment for Guillian Barre is plasmapheresis and IgG. I would recommend that you get continuous injections of IgG so that you will not have too many symptoms of Guillan Barre.

Guillian Barre is an autoimmune disorder that causes a person to produce antibodies to the nerve cells of his body causing the symptoms that you have. Plasmapheresis removes these antibodies and then causes the person to be cured. This is how you prevent and recover from Guillian Barre. I advise you to consult a doctor and get the appropriate management as you see fit.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor