Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have vocal cord Polyp. Suggested to do surgery. Is there any other treatment available?

Hi I have diagnoised with vocal cord polyp . Doctor advised me to go for surgery to remove this polyp. These is horseness in my voice from last 2 months. Is there alternative treatment available apart from surgery. Currently I am taking Homeopathic Treatment for this. Can I continue with the same or any alternative treatment available in Alopathy. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  255
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You are having vocal card polyps and horseness of voice.Vocal acrd polyps are responsible for horseness of voice.You are on homeopathic treatment for same.No homeopathic treatment is not going to help you.The only tratment is surgical and you have to get it removed surgically.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Amritpal singh chhabra's  Response
vocal cord nodule is a small, inflammatory or fibrous growth that develops on the vocal cords of people who constantly strain their voices. These are also called screamer's nodule, singer's nodule and teacher's nodule. A vocal cord polyp is a small swelling in the mucous membranes covering the vocal cords.

Treatment requires modification of voice habits, and a speech therapist may be of help. Resting the vocal cords by allowing little or no speaking for several weeks may permit the nodules to shrink.

In some patients inhaled steroid spray may be helpful.

If nothing helps then surgery is the only treatmnet.They can be removed during the course of a special examination (a laryngoscopy) in which a metal tube with a light on the end is passed through the mouth and into the throat. A small, sharp, cup-shaped punch is threaded through the tube and used to clip off the polyps.

I hope this will help

Best wishes
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor