Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have varicocele of testicle. Is affecting sperm count? Was on marijuana. Harmful?

Hi I m 20 years old male and I have varicocele of my left testicle I ve had it checked and the doctor and he said not to worry about it but my main concern is it affecting my sperm which could lower my testosterone levels and make me depressed.. I have previously smoked marijuana for quite a while I ve just recently quite for 5 days now and still plan on quiting I was just wondering if marijuana can cause varicocele and if it does how long will it take to heal from when I ve quite.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  463
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that the varicocele in itself may cause you to have a poor sperm count and semen analysis. I also believe that you would need to stop using the marijuana as it may have a lot of effects on your system including the issues that you seem to mention. Consulting an endocrinologist regarding your hormone levels and also a surgeon or a local doctor to diagnose and treat the varicocele may be good ideas. I also believe that you will heal very well if you take the suggestion from a psychiatrist who will take a good history and recommend the right specialists for consultation.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 1 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor