Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have varicocele in testicle with severe pain. Should I go for varicocele surgery after marriage?

Hi, i m 22 years old now, since i m 19 yrs old, i was diagnosed with varicocele in my right testicle, the pain is about 4 out of 10. (10 is the most painful). but i the pain is tolerable . and when i woke up in the morning the pain goes away, but it will be back after when i walked or stand too long. My doctor told me that i can take varicocele surgery after marriage, since he said varicocele surgery is more effective after marriage, so my question is now, is my doctor is right or not? thanks :)
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
I may also be wrong, as there is no consensus. I approach this way.
If there is significant pain with the testis on the painful side smaller than the other one, it is better to operate.
Or if the pain is tolerable and if child birth is delayed after marriage AND associated with abnormal semen parameters, it is wise to operate at that time.
Best regards
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Sexologist Dr. Ambekar's  Response
Dear Richad, IF you are having pain , and uncomfortable with it, you can go for surgery anytime . post marriage surgery your doc. has advised, as varicocele hampers sperm motility and gives fertility issue. My advise will be get done your surgery and before that have a second opinion with experienced urologist.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor