Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have vaginal dryness, painful, loss of interest in sex. What is wrong?

i m 41 yrs and suffering from vagina dryness, i married at the age of 39 yrs and now my marriage yrs 1.5 yrs, during intercourse i hv very much pain, and i dont enjoy sex, even when my husband touches me i dont feel excited, and now we are not trying for intercourse as he gets irritate because i make my face very painful and now he is also not intrsted in sex,
and now my menstruation is only for 2 days , mthly menstruation cycle is no problem but i fear that my mestruation will stop soon .pls help as i need to be mother
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that your problem might be due to decreasing estrogen level in the blood due to age advancement.
Consult Gynaec and get investigated.
Apply some estrogen cream locally, it will help to remove dryness in your vagina.
It will increase vaginal secretion and will make easy penetration while doing intercourse.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Lohit K's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Since you are 41 years old, all these symptoms suggest you being in premenopausal period. Usually menopause occurs around the age of 45years. It often follows heridity. For vaginal dryness you can use estrogen cream. If there is more symptoms you can take hormonal replacement. Consult your gynaecologist for further managment
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries. Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor