Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have uterine bleeding, irregular periods. Taken Lupron, Provera. Surgery necessary?

hello i am 34 yrs old, and having been suffering from uturine bleeding for over 8 weeks. i have always had irregualr periods even while on birth control . i took birth control pills for 8 yrs which never slowed down my flow.. my cycle always last 7 days or more..thru the years i have had tried different birth control pills and it never worked. in 2011 i had a d&c which help for a couple months but then stop. i go to my doctor and tell her about the long periods the bleeding during sex which feels like my partner is hitting something. my doctor prescribes provera which worked the very first month i took it but the next month it didnt.. the bleeding continued. my doctor has ran all kinds of test and given me an ultra sound but found nothing. next step was to give me depo provera injection which didnt stop the bleeding either. after weeks and weeks of bleeding and clots i asked my doctor if there was any kind of surgery that could be done. she suggestion endometrial ablation which meant i had to get a lupron shot. along with her advising she would tie my ties to prevent pregnancy. i am confused but i do want the bleeding to stop. the lupron has been hell with the hot flashes. today is 3 weeks from my lupron injection and the bleeding has finally stop. but now im now so sure about this surgery like i said i am 34 i don t know if i just wanna say i dont want kids anymore...can u help what do u suggest
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are already taking the hormonal treatment for the irregular uterine bleeding that you are having. Since there has been not much relief, surgical treatment or endometrial ablation needs to be considered.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Thu, 18 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor