Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have unequal size of breasts. Took pills for hypothyroidism and taking birth control pills. What can this be?

I am 17 years old, I will be 18 in a couple of weeks, I am not over-dramatic and I'm almost always right when I self-diagnose myself... So for numerous years I've had issues with my breasts. It started with the right one as I noticed that it became bigger than the other. I tried to Google what was going on and I read that that's pretty normal for girls. So life went on. However, months later I noticed that the size of the right one went back to "normal", but switched to the left one! This continued until today and for a while I was convinced that it was a seasonal thing, because it seemed like during cold seasons the left one would get bigger, and in warmer climate it would be the right one's turn. The size is so drastic, sometimes I have to put extra padding with the "normal" breast to make both look at least a bit identical in size. I told my doctor about it and she said that I may have a cyst, however I don't quite remember exactly what she told me because she ended with "you'll be fine", so I went on with my life... But I'm starting to get curious again and I just want to know exactly what's going on and if there is anything I could do to help my situation or even get rid of it! Oh, to add, I think it may also be handy to know that I have hypothyroidism, I used to take pills for it but I ran out and haven't taken any for at least 2 months now. Also, I'm on my third month of taking birth control pills.
All I want is answers...
Thank you :)
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The complaints you have described are commonly seen in women your age and is just the response of the breasts to the hormonal changes. These vague pains and lumps are seen more commonly in hypothyroid patients and is not associated with any risk of cancer. For your satisfaction, you can review with a breast surgeon annually and have your breasts evaluated by the surgeon.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor