Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have ulcer on foreskin, sore, itching. Prescribed Caneston and FLU. Suitable medicine?

Hi, I have ,I`ve been told by Devon doctors this morning that I have an ulcer on my foreskin , been there about 3 days, very sore and itchy, the Doctor suggested that i may have an STD of some sort, but I do not think so as I have not had any different sexual partner for over 4 years now. They have prescribed me a caneston creanm and a antibiotc called FLU 500 mil (abbreviated), is this a suitable prescription?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Neilwakeham,

Thanks for posting your query,

An ulcer on the penis foreskin is not necessarily due to an STD but could be due to another type of infection that has complicated into an ulcer. Just the act of penetration (with friction on the vagina) can cause a small lesion which could easily become infected and later on complicate into an ulcer. It will be recommended that despite your convictions that you do not have an STD, you should go in for screening of all STDs (syphilis, chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea etc). You should continue both treatments and you may require additional oral antibiotics and maybe local antibiotics such as neomycine cream. Also get your partner screened.

Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor